I Am On A Break
December 12, 2008
In less than 10 hours I start my, “service break”, (an insider term for time off without pay, although I am getting a check for my unused vacation time (52 hours) so it’s not really without pay). I don’t have to go back to work until next Saturday, the 20th. In honor of my first vacation, break, staycation of my adult life, and consistent with my type A, OCD personality, I have composed the following “to do” list for my time off.
- Spend time with Brian and Alan.*
- Bake Christmas goodies, espically sausage balls, hershey kiss cookies, and peanut butter balls.
- Go visit old work, with goodies in hand.
- Stay as far away from new work as possible (no goodies for them, huh?)
- Fix dinner for my family every night.
- Eat dinner off Grandma’s Christmas plates, which I inherited but have never used.
- Finish, okay start, those Christmas cards.
- Clean out both refrigerators.
- Finish buying and wrapping Christmas presents.
- Watch, “Home For The Holidays”, and “Christmas Vacation”.
- Blog more.
- Try not to gain 1o pounds.
- Spend time with my grandparents, and not go crazy doing so.
- File the 3′ of paperwork that is sitting on top of the filing cabinet.
* When I typed this I thought of a shirt my stepson has that says, “You’re #1 on my to do list”. A shirt that was highly inapproporiate for a teenage boy and caused a huge fight in our house when he lived here. So Brian, Alan, I guess you two are #1 on my to do list.