I Am This Round
January 8, 2008
I got this meme from indianamatt. It was titled “How Well Rounded Are You”.
How many of the following 40 things have you done? I’d like to see the answers of others, and feel free to copy this survey.
1. Been to a play: Yes, a few. But only community theater type stuff.
2. Bungee jumped or something similar: Brian and I did a Skycoaster thing at 6 flags one time. Kinda like skydiving.
3. Been a mentor/big brother/big sister: Um……not really. I do have a younger sister and I teach Sunday School though.
4. Read at least one of the classics (War and Peace, The Great Gatsby, The Red Badge of Courage, Beowulf, Crime and Punishment, etc): Yes, but only for school, never for pleasure.
5. Stood up for someone publicly: Not that I can remember.
6. Been on a major roller coaster: Several.
7. Been to a drive-in movie: Yes. It’s been years.
8. Done something at a drive-in movie other than watch the movie: Sleep!
9. Done volunteer work: Yes, but not alot, or enough.
10. Given at toast a wedding, a eulogy at a funeral, or some similar, meaningful speech: No
11. Been to a major sports playoff game: Nope.
12. Thrown a costume or theme party: Nope.
13. Been on or near the set of a major motion picture: No, although there have been a few shot in my area.
14. Taken a compliment well? I’ve heard of a water well, but never a compliment well, plus I have morals, I would never steal a “compliment well” even if I did know what it was. (Sorry, I had to do that) The real answer is yes, I hope I have.
15. Planted a tree: No (hangs head in shame)
16. Been stung by a jellyfish or something similar in/near the ocean: No.
17. Quit a crappy job: Yes. I’m not the type to do this without some big-time planning and another job lined up, but I did in the 90s when I just could not stand to set foot in the place anymore. (sorry I stole your answer matt, it just fit)
18. Been on a blind date: No
19. Done something kind and unexpected for a stranger: Nothing major, but I do hold doors and let people in front of me in line at the grocery if I have alot of stuff and they don’t. I once gave a couple an extra Children’s Place coupon while in line at the store. The man turned to his wife and told her, “That’s a good Christian woman right there”, which made me feel good, yet inadequate.
20. Had a major surgery: 2 c-sections.
21. Taken a car/truck road trip that covered at least 6 states: Don’t think so, although I covered 5 on a Bon Jovi excursion once.
22. Been in 4 or more countries: Including the US, yes.
23. Spent New Year’s Eve somewhere special: Downtown Nashville once. The event we had went for was cancelled though, so it was boring.
24. Visited an ancient landmark: The Louvre, Westminster Abbey, Versilles
25. Been face to face with a celebrity by chance: No, not really.
26. Given to charity in the past two years: Very little.
27. Helped a stray animal: Yes!
28. Dated someone you met online: No.
29. Won money on a long shot: When I was 17 I won 1/2 of the big bingo prize ($45).
30. Won your office/family/friends NCAA tournament pool: Nope.
31. Won an award/medal (even if something “small”): In 5th grade my short story was chosen as the best in my class. The local radio station read it on the air as a “bedtime story” thing they did every night. I got the “most improved student” award in my French class in college, and was awarded the “Special Mission Recognition” by my local UMW unit.
32. Driven a foreign sports car: No.
33. Been in the front row for a concert: A few times, most of the time it was for BJ Thomas with my mom.
34. Attended a symphony orchestra performance: Yes. BJ Thomas played with a symphony orchestera once.
35. Caught a criminal in the act and did something about it (reported it, smacked them in the head, etc): We have reported a few drunk drivers via cell phone.
36. Sung solo on a stage: No, and the world is a better place because of it.
37. Witnessed something supernatural: I don’t think so.
38. Covered for someone (who deserved it) at work: Yes, but not at this job.
39. Overcome a major fear: Yes, last night by praying aloud.
40. Mailed a surprise care package to a loved one: No, but I should.