November 7, 2007
I thought this was interesting, so I
stole borrowed it from Red
1. What is the first music album you remember owning? A Care Bears album. It was colored and had pictures on it. And yes, it was a vinyl album.
2. If not the same, what is the first music album you purchased for yourself? The first “real” grown up album I owned was Thriller. I was about 6 at the time. As for purchasing for myself, with my own money, hmmmmmm…………………….. I honestly don’t remember. I know I had Bon Jovi cassettes and albums during my youth, as well as albums by Guns & Roses, Debbie Gibson and NKOTB. However, I was too young to have a job, so I couldn’t have bought those for myself. I have no recollection of if they were gifts or if I got them with my allowance/birthday money, etc. So, per my mental records, the first one I bought for myself with money earned from babysitting was Billy Ray Cyrus, “Some Gave All”. My Achy Breaky Heart cringes to admit that.
3. What artist currently occupies the most space either in terms of shelf space or megabytes on your hard drive? That would be Bon Jovi
4. How many different types of music media (vinyl, cassette, CD, etc) have you owned in your lifetime? 8 track, Vinyl, cassette, CD, music videos on VHS and DVD –6
5. Who or what has had the biggest effect on your music taste? I guess that would be radio, and back in the day, MTV, as well as friends.
6. How do you currently prefer to listen to music? On the radio, in the car, or while cleaning house.
7. In terms of music memorabilia, what is your most prized possession? My trunk full of Bon Jovi stuff, which includes, but is not limited to, 20 years worth of magazine clippings ranging from Tiger Beat to Redbook, fan club newsletters (from back when I could afford membership), concert tees, picutres, pillows, coffee mugs, and recordings on 45, LP, cassette and CD.
8. Have you ever “swapped headsets” with a complete stranger (meaning have you ever unplugged the earphones from your listening device and plugged them into someone else’s player and had them do the same)? If yes, what did they play for you? Interesting, but no.
9. Have you ever been completely obsessed with a particular artist? Who and to what level did your fandom go? I fell in love with Bon Jovi when I was 11, so yeah, I’m going on year 20 of being obsessed. I get all new releases the day they come out, I visit bonjovi.com daily, and I could kick your butt at Bon Jovi trivia. HOWEVER, you will never find me hanging out outside their homes or trying to get in anybody’s pants. Let’s just say I stay an inch this side of the stalker line.
10. What is the farthest you’ve ever traveled for a concert? 8 hours by car. Yes, it was for Bon Jovi.
11. Who have you seen in concert the most? Willingly, Bon Jovi and Brad Cotter 10 shows each. However, by the numbers, the answer is BJ Thomas. I get my groupie gene naturally from my mother, and she drug me to ALOT of BJ Thomas shows during my childhood. Probably a hundred.
What about the rest of you guys?