Thank You For Commenting
December 29, 2013
My one avid reader knows that I’m not the worlds best blog-updater, or blog administrator. When I get an email notification that a comment has been made on a post it’s usually this one from 6 years ago. I’m over that post, and the comments that go with it, and quite frankly, most times I don’t even bother checking the comments when I am notified of them.
Yesterday, when I finally made a proper post, I happened upon the most recent comment on my most popular post. Below are the comments from someone going by the name of Claire:
Wow, I have thoroughly enjoyed your blog, and have been extremely entertained, I have learned that you eat crap food regularly, and seemed oddly surprised that you are obese, You feel extremely superior to others because you leave coupon purchased items on their door steps, and are shocked to discover that there are many single parents around. Not to mention every single blog is a whingy, whiney complaint that not everyone reaches your glorious existence. My golly gosh I can only pray to one day be as self absorbed,complaining and self glorified as you. Yes find another way to pat yourself on the back I’m sure you will.
My first instinct was to delete this comment and pretend it never happened, however, the words were out there, I had seen them, and perhaps many visitors had too, as they had been up for 25 days before I got around to reading them. I allowed these words to bother me for all of 30 seconds, before realizing that that I was allowing someone that I didn’t even know to bother me based on a few snap judgements that, quite frankly, couldn’t be further from the truth. I would like to opportunity to respond to “Claire” or anyone else that may have perhaps formed a similar opinion of me based on a handfull of posts.
- I’m glad you were amused and entertained. That’s the percise feeling I want my readers to come away with.
- I am not surprised that I am obese. Neither is anyone else that is obese. We know why. It’s something that I’ve struggled with all my life. I rarely post about crap food, and I haven’t posted regularly in several years, so I have no idea how you know that I, “eat crap food regularly”, but I will be checking my home for hidden cameras later just to be safe.
- I have the lowest self-esteem of anyone this side of the Mississippi and feel superior to NO ONE. I coupon as a way to give back to the community. I teach people to coupon via free classes in the hopes that they too will use coupons as a way to give back to the community. I’m not bragging about what I do, I’m telling people what is possible with coupons in the hopes that they will do it too. I recently sent a box of couponed items to friend of a friend who was alone struggling. When she was given the items she broke down in tears and told my friend that she didn’t think anyone cared about her and she had been contemplating suicide. My couponing may have saved a life, and I will not let you, or anyone else make me feel bad for doing what I do. Furthermore, just because I like seeing nuclear families represented on the television my children watch does not mean that I am “shocked to discover there are single parents”. Many of my friends are single parents and I admire them. Your logic is flawed.
- I had to look up the meaning of whingy. Thanks for teaching me a new word. I probably won’t use it much since it’s a British term, and being from the south that would make me seem a bit pompus. I do however feel that saying I was “whingy, whiney” was a bit redundant, but that’s just my opinion. I looked through some old posts and yeah, I can be a complainer, but can’t we all? Life’s not always sunshine and roses, at least mine’s not. I’m not perfect, by any means, but I work hard and raise my kids the best I can. I get compliments on them EVERYDAY. So yeah, I wish there were more people like me in the world. Furthermore, be glad you aren’t reading my twitter feed, that’s where the real bitching and complaining gets posted.
- I don’t know if you can ever be as good a person as me, but keep working towards it. Everyone needs goals.
- I am apparently a better writer than I give myself credit for, as I was able to keep you reading long enough to figure me out and tell me how to solve all my problems. *Pats self on back.
Although my rebuttal list is full of sarcasm, I would like to remind anyone reading this that WORDS HURT. Keyboards give people the anonymity to say things they wouldn’t necessarily say via any other means. In cases like mine, that’s a good thing, as I tend to be shy and socially awkward and via keystrokes and mouse clicks I can express myself. In other cases it’s not such a good thing, as it allows people to tear others apart while hiding behind a screen and not seeing the rammifications of their actions.
Lastly, I would like to say a heartfelt thank you to Claire. While scrolling my blog for instances of being whingy or posts about crap food I discovered some gems, some turds, and other things that I had long ago forgotten about. I’m going to start blogging more about the awesomeness of my kiddos and the funny things they say, so that I can look back and laugh one day. Thank you Claire, for reminding what this blog used to be about!